Sunday, April 26, 2009

Post Draft #69 (and the beach is preeetty.)


So I was looking through all the posts I've written in a fit of self-absorption. As I was patting myself on the back for being wildly intelligent and insightful, esp on such posts as "Nonsensical Opposites" where I compare an African Elephant to a Pear, I came across a few posts that I hadn't published. They were just saved as Drafts.

One was one liner: "Un-disaffected Youth." And that was the entire post. I'm sure I meant it to be longer, but I was probably a bit drunk and fell asleep before completing the thought.

Another post was the following: "Queer Theory: humans are biologically created to receive pleasure from the same sex, i.e. the prostrate [sic] and positioning of the (whisper the next word) clitoris. Ew ew." Apparently I couldn't continue writing the post... hmmm I wonder what that says about me. Hopefully not a lot.

Then, I struck gold. The following was Draft Post #69 (for real, actually) and was given the wickedly pithy title: "Mai Thai"

Mai Thai

1oz Jamaican rum (Appleton Estate is good)
1oz Martinique rum (Rhum St. James is good)
1/2 oz orange curacao (not the blue stuff)
1/4 oz Orgeat syrup (not creme de almond)
1/4 oz sugar syrup (and Vic puts a little vanilla in his)
the juice of one small lime (3/4 oz approx.)

I couldn't let DWTD readers miss out on this recipe which is totes fab fab.

Enjooooy. Don't get too liquored up.

"Oh my is that Ducks Reader in the bag!? Well goodness gracious!"

Peace, Love, and Joy,

LwoJ


P.S. Woooo the beach!!

1 comments:

Keren, rhymes w/ Heron said...

We have to make a "Ducks the Blog" drink. Or "DAWTD" drink. Or, some sort of drink that makes one float like a duck but sink like a reader of ducks. You know....

Anyway, it MUST have tequila. Endstop.