Monday, April 13, 2009

Wordie Dacrygelosis


I recently had a friend break up. It doesn't happen very often. Usually a mini break up happens when both my friend and I happen to have horrible PMS simultaneously and a week later we are crying into each other's arms that we were stupid and we can't live without each other. Then everything pretty much goes back to normal.

This break up was of a more permanent kind... there were consequences to this person's actions and lies and also insults that cannot be repaired without honesty and sincerity. (although there is always hope for repair).

In my time off from our friendship, I began talking to another friend and he told me I should write a blog post about the rice site that gives children grains of rice if you know vocab. It was weird that he mentioned this because that site is actually one the of the many distractions that I have been engaging in during the past few weeks to cope with the overwhelming sense of Doom, Failure, Depression and Anxiety that has been looming. I find burrowing my mind in small tasks like the Rice for Third World Children calming, and I suppose helpful to the world (although I've never been one for charity in general).

All of the above got me thinking about this rice-vocab. And friendship. And doom and gloom.

Here's a little anecdote:

A girl walks down the street and thinks about her future. She smokes a cigarette.

Another girl walks down the street and thinks about her future. She bums a cigarette from the first girl.

Both girls, who were very lachrymose, recognize the weepy looks and burst out crying together. Then they laugh together.

A friend-commiseration-ship blossoms.

End.

I feel like this has happened to me at least once if not thrice in the past few weeks. I'm not really sure what this post is about except that maybe Words and Rice for Children are the answer to this dacrygelosis I (and one or three other people) are feeling.

10 comments:

Radstronomical said...

Yes. I love rice site.

Anonymous said...

FRIEND!!!!!

Sasha said...

This post made me laugh/cry/smile/frown/question my existence/love life.

Don't make me call the cops on you.


PS: lol I used the wrong email again, I'm silly.

Leah, wife of Jacob said...

Even though you totally just deleted your comment, I still get it in my email.

My response: Thanks, girl! haha I had no idea that I could do that to you via blogging.

Also, to Anonymous: "FRIEND!!!!!"? lol

Sasha said...

I forgot to "de-follow" a certain someone until just now. I have officially cut off the said individual in every e-way possible.

I feel accomplished.

Keren, rhymes w/ Heron said...

It's me isn't it? You're breaking up with me!

Well, it's not me! It's you!

Sasha said...

Hi Keren, I love you.

Leah, wife of Jacob said...

Wow! Sasha, way to swoop in and take advantage of the recently heartbroken. hahaha

Sasha said...

Just watchin' a sista's back.

Sasha said...

I love you too, Leah.

Please don't break up with Keren.