Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Almost Generation


We make new strides in fashion, almost.

We make unheard of music, almost.

We make never-been-seen art, almost.

We write experimental poetry, almost.

We are the Almost Generation, continually reaching for something that has never been and never quite getting there. 

We are the Almost Generation, continually striving for all types of equality and fairness, but only almost getting there.

"The Almost Generation" expresses the hope and despair of our current age. It's an awkward age, it's a vulgar age, it's an almost age.

I'm almost sorry for this post, but not quite.



7 comments:

gerard said...

Every generation is an almost generation, that's the point of having ideals, it gives your children something to do aside from watch Ocean's Thirteen, Fourteen, and Fifteen.

BTW, I have just realized that when Matt Damon puts on a fake nose in Ocean's Thirteen it makes him look like TS Eliot, check for youself

Leah, wife of Jacob said...

haha! he def looks like T.S. Eliot.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2556401920/tt0496806

(I'm not sure if this link will go to the right photo... but fingers crossed.)

Leah, wife of Jacob said...

P.S. There's a lot of truth in what you said.

So... fuck. I was almost right.

peen luvr 4lyfe said...

I have a paper due tomorrow and instead of procrastinating, I almost did it last weekend.... almost...

Lifestyles of the Poor and Angry said...

I appreciate this post a lot.

I blame the almost hipsters.

Steven Blum said...

this is very true.

Steven Blum said...

this is very true.