Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Do Dogs and Cats get their Periods?


I've never owned a pet before.

Well, that's kind of a lie. My little sister (who actually isn't so little... she's like 5 inches taller and 5 inches blonder than I am) owned two pets: 1) a hamster named Abner, and 2) a gecko named alfonso... named after the brother of a drug dealer I knew in high school by the name (the real name, and maybe I shouldn't say this, but.. what the hell) of Love Lester. Both Abner and Alfonso died within a short amount of time and both times my mother and father made me tell my little sis that her dear pets died... except I am not the kind of person who can keep a straight face about anything. So as I told her that they had died, I laughed. And she thought I was kidding, but then I showed her the dead pets and she cried and I cried because I am incredibly insensitive.

So... I've never owned a pet before. No dogs, cats, iguanas, ferrets, what have you...

My question is: Do dogs (or any pet really) get their period???

Please! Enlighten me with stories about dogs on the rag.

6 comments:

Ker Splatt said...

Dogster.com wants to answer this for you, and it's called going "into heat" not "on the rag"...duh, did ANYONE read the RED TENT? Seriously people...

THE ANSWER = 42, or..yes...DOGGY PMS

Lastly, I think the real question here is 'do chickens have vaginas?'

And also, 'what the hell is a cloaca anyway?'.

Courtesan Belle said...

Firstly, my female cat at home had MANY periods. We even had her wear a diaper when she was on the "rag" NOT "in heat"...you are TOTALLY WRONG.

p.s. did u get that lipstick from the red tent too?

benny chains said...

chickens do, in fact, have vajays.

Leah, wife of Jacob said...

eew! Benny!

Alexa said...

FALSE. Alfonso was alive for over a year ! Hannah never fed him, though... he turned white and stood in one spot for days and days and days.

I felt bad.

jennaming said...

They do they do! one time when cleaning out my cats litterbox I ran crying upstairs to my mother and proclaimed that my cat was peeing blood! (this is before I knew about the haunting cycle)