Friday, July 11, 2008

Salt isn't Sugar


So lately my boss at work has been like poking fun at me, hassling me. I think it's because I'm the youngest waitress he has. But the other week we had a pregnant woman and her husband come in for breakfast. So I get their order and the woman orders french toast. I get their order and I bring it out to them. A little later I check on them. And I noticed there was more than half left. So I asked her, I was just like, 'did you not like your french toast?' or 'was there something wrong with the french toast?'. So then she tells me, 'well, I thought it might be just my hormones, but this french toast tastes really salty' and I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying until I heard the word salty and I was like, 'hunh?'. Her husband had tried them too and he said they were really salty. So, I go to find my boss and I run around looking for him, calling his phone. And finally he comes back to the restaurant and I told him what was up. And so he goes back to remake the french toast. The whole time he's like 'that doesn't make sense.' And then he tells me, he whispers, 'I think I was using salt instead of sugar.' So I take out the new plate and she tastes it and it was good. My boss went out and told them, and it turns out he's been making french toast for the past couple weeks now with salt instead of sugar.

0 comments: